During this period of lockdown, it’s important to keep busy and let your customers know that you are still open for business. Whilst how you are delivering your services and products may have changed, what should remain intact is your hope for the future and keeping your customers informed about your service/s.
One way of doing this is by writing a blog. We come across many businesses that have started doing this, but that have somehow not kept up with creatively writing about what they do. This comes as no surprise as regular thought is required, along with commitment of time and some level of planning.
So, if you find yourself with some extra time on your hands, why not make the effort and get some writing done now? The search engines will love your new content (which will go toward rank your website highly) and so will your customers.
Here are some top tips to get you started…
1. Practice makes perfect. Not many of us are established writers and in the beginning your blogs, may not truly represent who you are or what your business does in the way that you would like. However, the more blogs you write, the better you will become at writing, so stick with it.
2. Be Yourself. Remember to blog in your own individual style. There is always the temptation to copy the style of other bloggers, but doing this will result in you failing to make that all important connection with your reader. One of the true keys to successful blogging is to write in your own individual style, using your own unique content. Readers tend to follow blogs because they prefer that particular personal style and content.
3. Do your research. If you're struggling with what to write about, or have exhausted the long list of topics related to your sector, take a different angle. Is there a YouTube video that relates to your industry that you could review? Or a book or a news item that you could give your thoughts and opinions on? Don’t undersell yourself and the fact that your customers would love to read your perspective on matters. Use grouping, paragraph and sub-titling for arranging your information.
4. Liven up your blog. Use pictures and images wherever possible to make your post colourful and attractive. Keep your readers engaged with images and flowing layout, in addition to interesting content.
5. Release your inner linguist. The personality of your business should come out in your content. Wherever possible, make your written language, clear and easy to understand adding humour if possible. Before posting, always reread your blog and correct any errors.
Are you ready to dive in deep and learn more on how to blog effectively? Or does the thought of blogging make you want to dive right back into bed and cover your head over with the duvet? Whatever your answer – we can help!
Our blogging service can be accessed on a regular or ad-hoc basis, for any type of business. Call 01708 578 015 for more information.