Yesterday, I attended a social media course run by Building Legacies. Renee Wallen was the trainer and she covered various topics that included content marketing, SEO, and social media platforms; LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
I must be honest and admit that engaging on social media platforms isn’t my first passion. Our Perfect Layout team consists of an excellent social media duo which means that I can spend more time doing what I love, which is creating wonderful websites!
However, just because this task doesn’t make me leap out of bed in the morning, doesn’t mean I can’t see the amazing value and positive impact it can have on a business. In the blink of an eye, it can spread your news to a vast, wide reaching audience and open up the door to clients you might never meet face to face.
There’s no getting away from the fact that building a business from scratch will bring forth certain challenges. Coming out of your comfort zone may make you start sweating and feeling nervous, but is a must if you want to grow your business and your self-confidence.
Just a few advantages of being on social media are:
- You get to learn new things
- You can engage and build relationships with customers
- You can share your knowledge and opinion
- You can get seen by a wide, varied audience
- It’s a flexible process that you can connect with at any time, in a variety of ways,
from your mobile phone
- You can increase the business coming to your virtual shop window
So what have you got to lose? Investment is key!