Interactive content may come in a variety of sources, including: surveys, quizzes, psychological assessments, raffles, giveaways, ebooks, animated infographics, general questions, and videos. The possibilities really are endless. These tools are a way of converting your target audience from passive readers into active participants.
Only a few methods can match the effectiveness of interactive content in establishing a connection between the brand and the target market.
Here are some statistics proving the persuasiveness of interactive content marketing:
● Nearly 8 in 10 marketers agree that interactive content helps the audience retain the message.
● More than 8 in 10 marketers believe that interactive content captures attention better than static content.
● 96% of people who participate in Buzzfeed quizzes finish the task.
● The top quiz has been answered 5.4 million times.
● More than 4 in 10 consumers prefer an interactive video to just being a passive audience.
● Interactive content results in twice more conversions as static content.
● Almost 9 in 10 marketers think interactive content will set a brand apart from its competitors.
By spending a little money, and time, into thinking about which method would best suit the audience of your business, it is a way to breathe new life into old, stale content. The benefits can include: increasing engagement, building customer profiles, and boosting lead generation – all of which may turn into conversions later.
Aggregate Data from Your Interactive Content
In addition to the connection with your target audience, you can also generate precious information from the interactive content.
You may have a basic idea of your audience's demographics, but interactive content helps unlock their opinions, personalities, preferences, and tendencies. With quizzes and assessments, you can develop a psychographic picture of your target market, giving you a veritable resource to draw from as you see fit.
With your collected data, you can now develop a more personalised experience for your readers, dramatically boosting engagement. This in turn will make them feel important, and more agreeable to doing business with you.
How Do You Make Your Website More Interactive
Reader engagement is one of the top metrics to assess if your website is compelling. The good news is that adding interactive content is not reserved for conglomerates with unlimited resources. Even a startup can utilise a similar strategy to enhance engagement.
Below are some of the strategies you can immediately implement:
● Gamify your blogs and articles.
● Announce raffles or contests using your old content to revitalise your website.
● Incorporate quizzes into your blog to ensure your readers retain the message. Of course, you have to incentivise them to answer your questions.
● Encourage your readers to suggest topics or raise their concerns, which you can elaborate on or explain in your next blog.
● Hire a professional to customise your website's interactive games, quizzes, videos, or surveys.
Interactive content is easy to implement and very effective at improving your website's metrics across the board. For instance, these tools improve message retention, help your audience spend more time on your page, share your materials with a broader audience, and engage with your brand.
So, if you are still not using interactive content on your website, perhaps it's time to start now.